Nepal has easy visa issuing system for travelers from most countries. Visa can be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on Nepal - India border and Kodari on Nepal-China border. Visa can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Missions abroad. Visa can also be obtained (renewal purposes) at Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu. A valid passport and one passport -size photo with a light background is required. Immigration Department has not specified the size of the passport-size photo.
Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency: Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen. Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee.
|#||Visa Facility||Duration||Visa Fees|
|01.||Multiple Entries||15 Days||US$ 25 or Equivalent Foreign Currency|
|02.||Multiple Entries||30 Days||US$ 40 or Equivalent Foreign Currency|
|03.||Multiple Entries||90 Days||US$ 100 or Equivalent Foreign Currency|
Gratis [Free] Visa
- For first visit in one visa year (January to December) , gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of South Asian countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. However, visa can be extended from the Immigration Department on payment of visa fee as specified above.
For Indian NationalsIndian nationals do not require visa to enter Nepal.
As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals Traveling to Nepal must posses any One of the following documents.
- Driving License with photo
- Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
- Ration Card with Photo
- Election Commission Card with Photo
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
- Identity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank
Also, please check with your nearest travel agents for documents required by the Indian Immigration for Indians traveling to Nepal.
No Visa On Arrival
Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan will need to obtain visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as they do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
Tourist Visa Extension
Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent nepali currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day
Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).